Every great dive shop needs a great travel program.
A successful travel program provides so many benefits for your business, including:
- Higher sales
- Better customer engagement
- Stronger customer loyalty
Plus, you and your customers get to have fun traveling!
What's a Travel Program?
A travel program is just what it sounds like! It’s a planned series of trips designed to increase your sales and boost customer loyalty.
Travel programs are not simply vacations with clients.
At Scuba Travel Ventures, we carefully design your travel programs to include a variety of destinations tailored to the interests and budgets of your customers, while providing the highest-possible return on investment.
Benefits of a Travel Program
Travel programs are profitable for dive centers, dive groups, and any business in adventure travel and sporting equipment sales / courses.
The benefits include:
- Higher Sales: An upcoming trip is a great opportunity to encourage customers to take courses and buy new gear.
- Higher Engagement: Regular trips will keep your customers coming back to your store. They also give your staff and customers and opportunity to have fun together, which strengthens loyalty to your brand.
- Cost-Saving: Scuba Travel Ventures provides exclusive rates and discounts at destinations all over the world, so you’re able to enjoy amazing travels at a lower price.
Challenges of Creating a Travel Program
Creating a travel program sounds like a fun and enviable task, and we’ve encountered many businesses that try to tackle this challenge on their own. These companies quickly discover that it’s very difficult to build a profitable travel program.
There are major challenges involved, such as:
- Lack of Time and Money: If you own or manage a shop, you’re undoubtedly faced with a never-ending to-do list. Planning multiple trips for paying customers is a huge time commitment that many business owners don’t have the bandwidth for. Hiring an in-house travel specialist may be a significant expense.
- Tedious Nature of Travel Planning: Planning a group trip can be tedious and logistically challenging. Booking flights, arranging transportation, and securing lodging at the best resorts and dive / tour operators is much easier said than done, especially if you’re trying to keep costs down and make a real profit.
- Travel Emergencies: Missed flights, lost luggage, and other unexpected circumstances can quickly sink a good vacation. At Scuba Travel Ventures, we have agents and ground operators that are ready to leap into action to handle any travel emergency that rears its ugly head.
- Customer Dissatisfaction: Your travels should be curated to please your customers and get them hooked on your brand. Scuba Travel Ventures will work with you to create a travel program that takes your customers where they want to go, while also giving you the most opportunities to drive gear sales and courses.
Does it Cost More to Use a Travel Agent?
You don’t pay a cent more for using a travel wholesaler like Scuba Travel Ventures. We receive commission from resorts and tour operators, and we don’t charge any service fees.
We don’t pressure you into booking resorts or destinations purely on the basis of commission. The satisfaction of you and your customers is most important to us.
Before we start building your travel program, we’ll take the time to learn about your business and customers so we understand how to create a travel program that’s tailored to your needs and interests.
We’re proud to have many happy clients who have enjoyed a decade of fun and profitable travels with us. Many of our dive shops have trips booked out and sold out years in advance!